Thursday 6 February 2014

The Perfect Pair...

You know when you just wish that you had taken notice of a hype when it first started? Well honestly that doesn't happen to me often, I'm a sucker for seeing something on youtube or blogs and deciding I just HAVE to have it! But for some reason, the Maybelline Colour Tattoos just seemed to pass me by... until now!


Here is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo together with my beloved Soap and Glory Lid Stuff....

For so long I had been hearing about them but every time I went into boots (often, very often...) and gave them a cheeky swatch they came out so pigmented that I couldn't imagine how they would work for me. Last week however I tried rubbing it out so that it appeared more sheer and I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Now I could finally see how this could work for your average person on your average day. 
   
The colour that I picked is on and on bronze and if you have heard about these before chances are its this colour that's been mentioned. It seems to be by far the most popular in the blogging and youtube world. Having tried on and on bronze and LOVED it I automatically want to buy more (I always get this itch when I like something, one is never enough!). However being very much a neutrals kind of girl the other bright colours in the range just don't appeal to me. It is such a shame because this is such a wonderful product. 


Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'....

As you can see the packaging of this is gorgeous, I love high street products but they don't always have the best packaging, and I want my stuff to be sturdy AND pretty! The lovely little glass jar feels far more expensive than it really is. 

The product it self as mentioned before is highly pigmented but it CAN be sheered out if you're scared of your eye make up being too full on during the day like I am. On the other hand if and when I wear this on a night out its easily built up. I love how easy these are to apply, they would be perfect for work when the last thing you want to do in the morning is fuss around with make up. They have this ability to look like you've put a tonne of effort in when really you've done very little. And the result is really beautiful.

Soap and glory 'lid stuff' top row, below 'on and on bronze'

The thing that I probably love the most about the colour tattoo (and the subject of this post) is what it does to my eye shadows. Today I paired on and on bronze with soap and glory's lid stuff and the result was gorgeous! Bronze acts almost like a primer and while it itself states that it lasts 24 hours (I don't know I don't plan on having it on that long!) it also makes my eyeshadows last for ages too! I have found that lid stuff is a perfect pairing with Bronze. A wash of Bronze over the lid with mudhoney in the crease and aubersheen to define the outer corners. They work perfectly together. I absolutely love this palette, all the colours are stunning and so wearable for neutral lovers like me, but on and on bronze has made them even more wonderful.

Hope you enjoyed reading,
Amy x



No comments:

Post a Comment