Tuesday 11 February 2014

Review: Revlon Lash Potion

Hey Guys! Today I have a review on the Revlon Lash Potion mascara. I've had this for almost a month now so I think I'm ready to share my opinion. Before buying this mascara I hadn't read that many reviews on it, I wouldn't normally purchase something without reading up on it first but I got this in a two for £10 deal on Revlon with a lip butter and considering the mascara retails at £10 and the lip butter at £8 I thought that was a pretty awesome deal!

   I have almost always used Maybelline when it comes to lower end mascaras as I really can't fault them and it seems that no matter what they bring out I love. In terms of length and volume I would say this is as good as my Maybelline 'the falsies', which is saying something because that is quite possibly my favourite mascara of all time.

 The Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in the non waterproof formula

The mascara wand is slightly unusual, its fairly large and thick which I generally prefer. Its also shaped a bit like a triangle, I always use the flat side which seems to coat my lashes well. I haven't had any problems with clumping so far and the wand manages to separate and define my lashes whilst still giving me lots of volume. 

Now onto the bad....unfortunately for Revlon these results just don't last. For the first hour or so this mascara looks fantastic but beyond that my lashes lose their curl and just look 'meh' (technical term!). I could put up with this and slot this mascara into my lazy girl days where I really don't care what I look like but it doesn't stop there. I have never known a mascara smudge and flake like this one does. Within around three hours I look like a panda which means that I have to constantly check under my eyes. I have never had a problem with smudging before, I never use waterproof mascaras because they irritate my eyes but I have never felt that like I needed to. I can only assume that the waterproof version of Lash Potion is better and certainly since buying this and actually reading the reviews it seems that a lot of beauty bloggers confirm this.

    All in all I am very disappointed with this mascara, I have been trying to make use of it by only using it on my top lashes (top and bottom forget it!) and other mascaras on the bottom but even then I am having issues by the middle of the day. It is a shame because the initial affect is really quite impressive. The only thing that I do love about this mascara is the packaging which is adorable but that hardly makes up for the waste of money that's lurking inside. If you're considering purchasing this I would suggest you either save your money and look elsewhere or buy the waterproof version. For a high street mascara this is pricey and I know that you can get far better mascaras from other brands such as Maybelline (yes, I am obsessed!)

I hope you enjoyed my little rant,

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment