Sunday 23 February 2014

Review: Bourjois CC Cream

Hello all!! Today I'm going to be giving you my opinion on my new base that I've been trying out, the Bourjois CC cream in 31, Ivory. I've really been going off heavy foundations recently, I just don't like to look like I've caked on the make up, and I much prefer a more natural look. I am lucky to have relatively good skin, so I don't always see the point in layering myself up.
   



123 Perfect Bourjois CC Cream in shade 31, Ivory


Most people only have good things to say about Bourjois foundations so I had high hopes for this. I already own the healthy mix foundation. It has great coverage, is glowy but not too glowy, applies well and is generally just a great foundation. Unfortunately, despite my love for the feel of this foundation I can't wear it unless I am willing to commit to some serious blending down the neck (and even then I look like I've been on holiday for about 6 months!). Drugstore foundations are known for being crap at shade ranges but Bourjois really did take this to the extreme. I am pale but not THAT pale and the lightest shade is just far too dark.

     I'm going off on a ramble- back to the CC Cream! I was pleasantly surprised to find that the lightest shade was actually quite pale, its probably still a touch too dark but because its a very thin consistency I can easily get away with it. It is fairly runny so you have to be careful when pouring it out, I just generally put a bit on my finger and then dab it around. 

   As well as the lighter coverage I was also intrigued by the three pigment claim that promises to reduce the signs of fatigue, redness and dark spots. I have a fair amount of red pigmentation on my cheeks so I was interested to see if the cream did anything to help this. 

  I've inserted below some before and after photos, please excuse the crazy expressions i'm not accustomed to taking selfies and was feeling rather shy! 

 Before....


After!


   I know the lighting is crap but hopefully you get the idea that the coverage of this cream is really decent! I would say its light to medium coverage. To be honest I would describe this more as a light foundation than a CC Cream but I am still really pleased with it because its finally allowed me to have a bourjois foundation that I can actually wear. As for all the fancy claims, it covered my redness well, I'm not sure how it goes about making you look more awake but I certainly don't look any worse so I guess thats something!

   It applies really well and isn't streaky at all, I've applied it both with my fingers and with the real techniques buffing brush and I actually think it goes on better with my fingers. Due to it being so runny I find the brush tends to just suck up the product instead of spreading it onto my face! A slightly stiffer brush may work better though. 

   As for packaging its fine. Nothing special but its light weight and great for travelling. I don't mind that there's no pump seeing as this isn't even supposed to be a foundation!

   So its not really what I was looking for but I'm really pleased with the results this base gave me regardless. When I want a seriously light weight day I'll be sticking with my Loreal Nude Magique foundation which I LOVE (I can review this if anyone wants me to). As we're heading into spring (not quite yet but I can dream) I doubt I'll be reaching for a real foundation at all as this CC Cream and my loreal foundation are perfect. 
   
I hope you enjoyed reading, as you've probably gathered I am VERY new to blogging and I'm still finding my feet. If you would like to follow me or leave a comment it would mean the world :)

Amy xx

 




No comments:

Post a Comment