Friday 14 March 2014

Beauty Tag: If All My Make-Up Disappeared

Hello! Today I am going to do a tag as I think I need to try and do something other than reviews all the time! I've been attempting to film another video for YouTube but its not going so well, I don't think I'm a natural when it comes to being on camera! I've been trying to learn how to edit videos and get a thumbnail which I think will help a lot. I've also been struggling a little as I've been very concerned with a job interview I have on Monday, if I get it it will mean moving to London all on my own which is really quite scary... anyway enough of my boring life- onto the tag!

Today I'm going to be doing the 'if all my make-up disappeared tag' which is basically a list of my top ten make-up items that I would always re- purchase because i love them so much/ I'm overly reliant on them!


The ten items I would re-purchase if 'all my make-up disappeared'!

1) Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream: I have a full blog post on this CC Cream if you're interested, I haven't had this all that long but I am IN LOVE. I've tried going back to my other foundations but they just don't compare. Its a very light feeling on the skin but provides a really decent coverage, it doesn't make me looked caked up but isn't so sheer that its pointless. It also just glides over the dry patches that I have on my cheeks rather than making them stand out like so many other foundations do. I wasn't expecting much from this as I'm getting a little bored of the whole BB and CC cream craze but I'm completely sold. 

2) Real Techniques Buffing Brush: I wasn't sure if this tag was supposed to include brushes, I have many that I use daily and love but the buffing brush is the only one that I really couldn't be without. This makes applying foundation effortless and although you can apply the CC Cream with your fingers (it works very well) after experimenting the buffing brush is my favourite form of application. As a little comparison I also own the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and I can say I much prefer the Buffing Brush. I find that the density of the bristles on the EF Brush can leave things a little streaky. 

3) Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer: Foundation has a habit of wearing off on me, especially on my nose and cheeks which can leave me looking a bit like Rudolf by the end of the day! I've never tried higher end primers as I am very much on a budget but I have noticed a dramatic difference in the lasting power of my foundations when using this. At £6.99 I think its a bargain. 

4) Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot: Setting powder is a MUST for me as I get very shiny throughout the day. I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte which is excellent but it did have a tendency to get cakey, especially after touch ups. I switched over to this when saw EssieButton raving about it. I find it to be a far finer consistency than Rimmel which means it never looks cakey. The price jump is quite extreme though, One Heck of a Blot costs around £10 in comparison to £4 for Stay Matte. However, I am happy and willing to pay for this as setting powder is such a staple for me.

5) Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: I won't talk about this in detail as it is probably one of the most hyped up British products EVER but it deserves it. I have very dark under eye circles and this is the only thing that will cover it. I can't imagine me ever being without this in my make- up bag. 

6) Maybelline Mascaras: I'm cheating a little on this one as although the mascara in the photo is 'One by One' it really just represents Maybelline Mascaras in general. I love every single one of the Volume express mascaras with the exception of Mega Plush (I am severely allergic!) and I always have one on the go. 

7) MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher: I wanted to include a blush as its something I use every single day, and I am fast realising that I much prefer the finish of cream blush. For someone on a budget I really don't think that MUA cream blushes can be beaten, they have exceptional lasting power, a lovely colour range and are very easily bendable. The best news being they are only £2! The shade shown in the photo is 'Scrummy' which is probably my favourite. 

8) Rimmel Scandleyes in 'Taupe': I am very pale and so I find that black eyeliner can appear a little harsh on me, I also find that brown makes me look really tired. Taupe is the perfect happy medium for me and is a colour I wear pretty much every single day to line my lower lash line. I also love the quality of these eyeliners, they don't budge all day but still manage to be extremely creamy. 

9) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in 'Honey': For someone who loves lip products choosing just one was HARD. However, having thought about it Honey is definitely the shade I reach for more than any other. It is so easy to wear and just seems to go with everything! Being a stain it also means I can just slap it on and forget about it for a few hours. 

10) Stila in the Light Palette: Again, this is another product that I haven't had for long but I am so in love with it it had to be in this list. It is so versatile that if someone told me I could only use one palette I would be perfectly happy with this. It has the shades to create every look I could want from pretty day time looks to intense smokey eyes and the quality is amazing! I also think this palette is a complete bargain at only £25 considering the Naked Palettes now retail at £37. In my opinion the Stila Palette is far nicer and deserves way more hype than it gets.  


Hope you enjoyed reading this, If you want to subscribe or comment please do it makes me happy :)
Amy xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment