Wednesday 2 April 2014

L'oreal True Match Foundation and Volume Million Lashes Bargain and Review!

Hello everyone :) I hope you're all having a good day. I was a little naughty today and went hunting in Boots again, I mistakenly thought that I could go in there, have a little mooch and come out again without parting with my money but I should have known myself better than that! Although the glorious 3 for 2 deal has now ended there are still a couple of good ones going. In my opinion the best being the two for £15 on L'oreal foundation and mascara, both of which are fairly pricey in comparison to other 'drugstore' 'budget' 'whatever' offerings.

Boots two for £15 deal on L'oreal Mascara and Foundation. I chose True Match Foundtion and Volume Million Lashes Excess Noir

    I've been wanting to try L'oreal True Match for AGES since Amelia Liana started raving about it just after Christmas. Its supposedly a dupe for Georgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation but I am a drugstore gal through and through so I can't comment on that! The main reason I wanted to try this foundation is the fantastic shade range, I'm either really bad at picking shades or I have a really awkward face but either way I seem to always get it wrong!! I am very pale but I find a lot of the porcelain options although pale enough are just too pink toned whereas the next standard pale person shade 'Ivory' always seems to be too orange, ARGH!! Oh the problems of being a pale girl obsessed with make-up....

   True Match is really clever in the way that it breaks up the shades into Cool, Warm and Neutral tones and apparently it has 98% of the countries skin tone covered! Of course you have to know your undertone first but there is plenty of help online if you need it, I would offer you advice but honestly I struggled myself! In the end I settled for N1 Ivory which is far paler than most Ivory shades I've tried before and its quite yellow toned. Its PERFECT words cannot describe how excited I am to finally have found a foundation that matches me perfectly, I don't have to blend like a mad person down my neck anymore!!! A word of warning it does oxidise on the skin slightly (as in gets a little darker after about 20 minutes in the air) but it still matches me really well even after this.

L'oreal True Match on my Skin, shade NI Ivory


As for the actual performance of the foundation I'm really pleased with it. I have dry patches on my cheeks which a lot of foundations get all flaky and disgusting on but this just glides right over and hides it for me. I also have quite noticeable redness which drives me nuts and this covers it well. Id say its medium coverage its certainly not full because I hate that look but it covers everything I want it to. I'll be doing a first impressions video on my youtube channel soon if anyone would like to see that.

For the Mascara I chose the Volume Million lashes Excess Noir. FleurDeForce has recently been saying how good it is and its the most recent addition to the Volume Million Lashes range. I am really keen to try some mascara offerings from other brands as I have been a die hard maybelline mascara fan for a LONG time. This is mostly because I know that I am not allergic to them as I have very sensitive eyes and for that reason I would never have tried Volume Lashes at full price as £10.99 is a lot to pay for something I may not be able to wear. With this deal it was far more affordable and I was willing to take the risk.

I'm really impressed with this mascara and it gives me really amazing volume and length, and so far I'm not allergic! Woop! The only thing I would say is that it is quite clumpy, but not in a bad way if that makes sense. It gives you very full lashes but I wouldn't say they're defined. Not spider lashes by any stretch but its quite a full on look so if thats not your thing I would steer clear. For me its the bigger the better so I was really happy with the look.

A slightly out of focus photo of my eye.... as you can see this Mascara gives lots of Volume and Length!


In summary I really do think this offer is fantastic value for money as you get to try two quite pricey items at a far more affordable price. I am really impressed with both of them and although I like to try new things I would definatlly repurchase the foundation just because I am so happy to have finally found a good shade match.

I hope that was helpful, be sure to check it out at boots! I've managed to upload my second ever video onto youtube if anyone fancies checking it out, I shall be doing a review on the True Match foundation soon.

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbV37Dex2ogME43etmajlGg

Speak soon :)
Amy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment